Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Thing 10 Qualifications

I have been working in libraries since 1993 but in 2006, I decided that it was high time I got my Master's Degree in Library Science. My courses were entirely online through the University of Wisconsin at Madison http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slis/. I attended two full years of classes including foundation courses, cataloging courses, reference courses, and courses specific to public and academic libraries. I also did a practicum of 120 hours with a public library near my current employer. It was a hard two years, but I graduated in 2008. All my instructors were excellent. I feel I received an excellent education. An education that prepared me for many successful years as a librarian. My future plans are two take courses through the library school for continuing education, continue to attend webinars and keep my membership in the Iowa Library Association up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment