Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Personal Brand

I have heard of personal branding but did not really know what it was. I have spent some of the day today looking over some personal brands by the experts, i.e. Bobbi Newman.

Judging from the information I have read, I know I need to make a plan to develop my personal brand and make some changes on my networks. I am listed on LinkedIn and Facebook. I am not completely happy with my facebook page. I have this nagging feeling my personal life and professional life should emain separate. But, I think I need to get over that.
I am very interested to hear what others think of my LinkedIn and Facebook profiles. What do I need to change or add?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. Your LinkedIn page looks good - there is plenty of detail. I think it is nice to have a photo on LinkedIn. There is a bit of repetition in your Summary - the first sentence is almost the same as your specialties. However, you do have a recommendation which is what potential employers would look at, so that's great. Best wishes, Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill
      Thank you! I need to do some editing on the summary. I will be spending some time editing and doing more on facebook and twitter on my vacation. Today, at 4:30, I will be a happy camper. My vacation will start and last until June 4

      Delete
  2. As someone who doesn't know you (hello! Nice to meet another CPD23-er) I'd have liked to see your pic on your LinkedIn page but that's just because I like to put a face to a name. I know when jobseeking there are probably all sorts of issues with that though.

    I don't make much public at all on my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/samantha.oakley) - I've locked it all down as much as I could! But then that's being terribly secretive and unfriendly...I just preferred not to have to worry about what I was broadcasting beyond my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sam,
    Great to hear from another CPD23-er and fellow librarian. I really dislike my pictures but I know that would be a logical addition to my personal brand and social networks.
    I agree with your concerns about your Facebook page. I love the pictures. You live in a very scenic area!

    ReplyDelete